I. General Requirements
A. All materials, labor and equipment necessary to install tile as specified and shown on drawings shall be furnished.
B. Temperature shall be maintained at 50 degrees Fahrenheit for duration of tile work, and for seven days after.
C. Manufacturer's technical and installation instructions for the specified materials are to be submitted.
1. Furnish all tile known as "_____________________________________".
2. Tile shall be manufactured by___________________________________.
B. Specifications shall conform to the following:
1. Abrasive hardness ASTM C-501-66
2. Water absorption ASTM C-373-72
3. Coefficient of friction ASTM C-1028-84
4. Breaking strength ASTM C-678-71
5. Frost resistance ASTM C-1026-84
6. Sheer bond strength ASTM C-482-68
Prepare surface, fit, set or bond, grout and clean tile in accordance with application requirements of ANSI standards for setting method specified. Tile shall be installed in accordance with the reference standards and the Tile Council of America "Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installations" reference installation methods.
A. Portland Cement Mortar - Unglazed paver tile: ANSI A-108.3
B. Dry Set Portland Cement Mortar: ANSI A-108.5
C. Latex Portland Cement Mortar: ANSI A-108.5
D. Water Resistant Organic Adhesive: ANSI A-108.4
E. Epoxy: ANSI A-108.6
F. Conductive Dry Set: ANSI A-108.7
IV. Cleaning and Protection
Upon completion of cleaning and grouting, clean tile surfaces of foreign matter. Leave finished installation clean and free of cracked, chipped, broken, un-bonded or otherwise defective tile work. Prohibit foot and wheel traffic from tiled floors for a minimum of three days after grouting is completed.